Life Update: Sharehoods, Normcore and The Salon Hunt

It has been exactly 61 days since my last blog post. That is just over two months and I have so missed this. I have no real excuses, just summer fun you know? I've had some great life moments and there's also been some great fashion and beauty finds. So here is a brief update on my moments over the last 61 days. 

Sharehoods - www.sharehoods.com

sharehoods logo

I may not have written much here but I have been writing plenty since I joined the Sharehoods team a couple of months ago. My editor has kept me busy! Sharehoods is a community website that helps migrant communities settle into their new locations and I've been working with the Africa team in London; dishing out tips and tricks on how to navigate the fashion and beauty side of things. It's been a lot of fun and if you want to see my latest posts, follow me on twitter @amu_dat.

Fashion Moments: All Black, Normcore & Osei Duro

This has been the summer of black and I just can't get enough. Far from being boring, an all black ensemble looks chic and best of all it's so easy to put together. The key to keeping the look fresh and less funeral-y is to opt for unusual shapes, textures and cut out detailing. I'd highly recommend & Other Stories for great black pieces. 

I'm also excited about the 'Normcore' trend that's set to be all the rage this AW14. Finally a trend that's perfect for us lazy girls! I will most like be doing a post on that in the near future, so look out for that. 

I attended the Africa Utopia event earlier this month (post coming soon promise!) and spotted the lovely ladies from Styled By Africa. Alae introduced me to Osei-Duro and now I'm kinda obsessed. Look out for a post on that soon as well.

Alae in a gorgeous Osei-Duro shirt dress at Africa Utopia

Alae in a gorgeous Osei-Duro shirt dress at Africa Utopia

Beauty Moments: Heat, New Products and The Salon Hunt

This summer I have to admit I reached my wits end when it comes to my hair. It's currently just past armpit length when stretched and my pre summer regimen was just not working. So I made the decision to add some non-homemade products to my regimen. I tried Mahogany Naturals Brazilian Butter Damage Reverse Treatment and Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Cream. Look out for my reviews on both.

mahogany naturals

I also made the decision to introduce heat into my regimen. Shock, horror right? I was anti-heat for so long but it's made such a difference to my hair, it's now become a fairly regular feature. I'll be sharing how I use heat safely in a post soon.

With my hair being more than I can handle right now, I have begun the serious hunt for a salon. I have scoured the web for reviews and I have found a couple of contenders. Look out for reviews coming soon. 

Basically there is lots coming soon and hopefully I'll have the time to deliver.